Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Monster's Inc. by Takara Tomy

All or most kids (boys) loved to play with die cast cars including yours truly. My 3 ½ year old son loves it when he gets a toy car as a gift or when we sometimes go toy shopping. I myself am a fan and have acquired a small collection (which are still sealed) through the years. With so many brands and variants to choose from it is impossible to collect all of them (unless you are very resourceful and wealthy) so I just buy what I want.

A friend of mine who collects almost anything recently bought these die cast cars by Takara under the Tomy line. Takara is a well-established Japanese company that manufactures good quality toys and these cars are examples of good craftsmanship. I’ve known the name Tomy more than 15 years before when I had my first Zoid. You can read more of the company at http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/company/english/.

Packaging:
I was loaned 2 boxes of Monster's Inc. (Mike and Sully) themed die cast cars with Japanese inscriptions on them. Aside from the picture of the car each box is labeled with a code number.

Collector's Perspective:
There is a saying once a collector always a collector. These Monster's Inc. cars are collectibles in my book and though they are not that expensive compared to a lot of other toys out there I would rather have these on display than to play with it. Or maybe I can buy 2 sets of each and have a set for my son to play with and the other at my display cabinet.

My friend bought these locally for P 329.75 each.I have been scouting the internet where these can be purchase and so far I found a couple of Japanese sites and one in ebay. You can also check their website (http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/) for details.

PhoTOYgrapher's Perspective:
A die cast car dressed as Monster's Inc. characters? I love it. As usual I would suggest the outdoor shoot treatment for these cars. Table top shots are nice if you can incorporate a background for them so as not to make the photos too simple (like mine). There are no moving parts so there is not much you can do aside from shooting from different perspectives.




Gears used:
Canon DSLR
Canon 100mm f2.8 Lens
3 pcs. Jinbei 180 watts (each), Softbox and Grid
Benro A300 Tripod
Falcon Eyes Product Table

No comments:

Post a Comment