Friday, January 21, 2011

NBA Collector Series 1 by Mindstyle

Happy New 2011 Year!

I have been so busy for the past 2 months that I have neglected to update this site of mine. Because of things that I want to accomplished this 2011 (as well have our New Year’s resolutions) I will probably have less frequency to update this site. However I will do my best to put something new every now and then.

First of I would like to thank my friend Frederick of Mindstyle Philippines for loaning me these cool figures of the NBA superstars.

In collaboration with Cool Rain Studio and Nike, Mindstyle Ph is proud to announce a new line of vinyl toys for us basketball fans, NBA Collector Series 1. The official release of these figures is still uncertain for now.

There are 10 figures in series 1 – Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, Dwayne Wade, Manu Ginobili, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitski, Derek Rose, Brandon Roy, Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire. In addition there are variants and chase figures (check out the black Kobe) included in each box.

If you are a McFarlane collector then this is a different treatment of the NBA players, where the former is more realistic while the latter has a more cartoonish approach.

Each figure comes with a basketball and several pairs of interchangeable hands for your creative minds.  Each figure is approximately 5 inches tall and suited up with their respective team jersey.

PhoTOYgrapher's Perspective:

The only movable parts here are the head, arms and hands. The poses are limited so it is up to your creative mind on how to project a good picture with these figures. I find it harder to shoot these types of collectibles rather than action figures because of posing them. Go to Brian McCarty's site (http://www.mccartyphotoworks.com/) and you will be inspired with what you can do with your vinyls.

I am still waiting for Mindstyle to loan me the figures so I can upload them here so for now all I have are Roy and Stoudemire. 

Enjoy! =D








2 comments: