Friday, June 25, 2010

Dark Phoenix by Kotobukiya

One can never have enough of Kotobukiya's Marvel Bishoujo line and Shunya Yamashita's design of the Dark Phoenix is a fantastic masterpiece! Among all the current releases of Kotobukiya including Rogue, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Phoenix and Psylocke, my favorite by far is Dark Phoenix. There is a white version which is an exclusive that I have not yet seen.

Package Contents:
Dark Phoenix is packaged beautifully in a window style box, all 9 inches (1/8th scale) of it. The design on the box alone is enough to sell me the figure.

Collector's Perspective:
I usually like pose able statues or figures when I am out toy shopping but this is an exception for me. The figure is very appealing and I love way she is posed.



You can buy this Amazon for $ 64.99 (http://www.amazon.com/Kotobukiya-Marvel-Comics-Phoenix-Bishoujo/dp/B0038OMC6K). My friend was able to get this locally here in the Philippines for P 3,300.00.




PhoTOYgrapher's Perspective:
So far I favor this over the other Marvel Bishoujos because of what I was able to achieve with it in a short amount of time. There are portions of her that are transparent (hand, hair and base) that made it easier for me to project what I wanted.




Gears used:
Canon DSLR
Canon 100mm f2.8 Lens
Benro A300 Tripod
3 pcs. Jinbei 180 watts (each), Softbox and Grid
Flash Light/Pen Light
Falcon Eyes Product Table

2 comments:

  1. Why didn't you include the Jean Grey version? Unless you have a separate blog for it

    ReplyDelete