Monday, June 28, 2010

Phoenix by Kotobukiya

Before Dark Phoenix came into the picture there was Jean Grey aka The Phoenix. Kotobukiya's rendition of Phoenix in their Marvel Bishoujo line is indeed a masterpiece. If I were to choose only 1 character to own in the Bishoujo line then I would either choose Phoenix or Dark Phoenix. 

Package Contents:
Phoenix is packaged in a window style box, all 9 inches (1/8th scale) of it. The design on the box alone is enough to sell me the figure.

Collector's Perspective:
As with my opinion on Dark Phoenix this is definitely a must for collectors. You cannot have Dark Phoenix on your shelve without Phoenix (and vice-versa). SInce this figure is jus 9 inches tall, you can practically display it anywhere (imagine this piece as an accessory on your office table or study desk).



Amazon is selling this for for $ 64.99 (http://www.amazon.com/Kotobukiya-Marvel-Comics-Phoenix-Bishoujo/dp/B0038OMC6A/ref=pd_sim_t_1). My friend was able to get this locally here in the Philippines for P 3,300.00.


PhoTOYgrapher's Perspective:
So far I favor this over the other Marvel Bishoujos because of what I was able to achieve with it in a short period of time (same with Dark Phoenix). The posing is perfect for me and creates the essence of Phoenix. I had to return this piece otherwise I would love to bring it outdoors and experiment with it some more.







Gears used:
Canon DSLR
Canon 100mm f2.8 Lens
Benro A300 Tripod
3 pcs. Jinbei 180 watts (each), Sofbox and Grid.
Falcon Eyes Product Table

No comments:

Post a Comment