Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Batman Mini Cosbaby by Hot Toys

When Hot Toys introduced their DC mini Cosbaby a few years back I was still unaware of what a Cosbaby is. Fast forward to the current time line and I am happy to own the Toy Story and Iron Man 2 set.  My recent acquisition of IM2 mini cosbaby set garnered another bonus, I was offered a complete set of their Batman line at a reasonable price and immediately grabbed the opportunity.

Now I am also a proud owner of the Batman mini cosbaby set. However Robert informed me that he does not have the Nightwing exclusive so I did what any nutty collector would do, go to eBay. I only got 2 hits, one seller selling the whole set and another one selling an opened Nightwing. After inquiring on the shipping fee here in the Philippines I decided to purchase the item.

Package Contents:
Each piece is packed in a small sealed box and contains the following characters: Batgirl, The Joker, Catwoman, Two-Face, Batman (Classic), Batman (Modern) and Robin. For more information kindly check Hot Toys' site at http://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target=categories&category_id=6 and look for the Batman icon 
below.
Collector's Perspective:
Toy collecting is addicting. You can never have enough unless your fund diminishes; otherwise you keep on buying and buying. Though I do not see the value of these to increase extensively someday, they are still worth to collect in my book. The good thing with mini cosbabies is that they are also for play and not just for display. 

PhoTOYgrapher's Perspective:

Cute is just one of the many words to describe a cosbaby. Since they are only 3 inches and 7cm tall you can practically bring them anywhere to be phoTOYgraphed. My good friend Jon was kind enough to lend me his PF Thor statue and I took the base to be use as a prop. The backgrounds are added via Adobe Photoshop.
Some Issues:
1.) How come Penguin, Riddler and Mr. Freeze were not included? =D
2.) Accessories for Batman, Catwoman and Robin would have been nice.

Gears used:
Canon DSLR
Canon 100mm f2.8 L lens
2 pcs. Jinbei 180 watts (each), Rectangular and Octagonal Softbox, Green Background and Pocket Wizards
Falcon Eyes Product Table
PF Thor's Base

No comments:

Post a Comment