Monday, August 9, 2010

Iron Man 2 Mini Cosbaby by Hot Toys

I recently caught the Mini Cosbaby bug and during my last trip to HK I was able to complete The Toy Story characters and bought a couple of Iron Man 2 Cosbaby figures. I was browsing through eBay the other day in hopes of completing the characters from Iron Man 2 and found a couple online. Prior to this writing I only had Whiplash, War Machine and Tony Stark face Mark IV.

My colleague Jon knew about my quest to complete the set and on one of his toy trips in Greenhills (one of our local malls here) he was able to buy the whole set (Rhodey included) for P 4,000.00 (roughly $85) after discount. He tried to get in touch with me to see if I wanted a set for myself as well but I was unavailable during that time.  When I finally came to my senses and knew of his great deal I called a friend of mine who owns a store there as well and finally after 2 days of hard thinking I grabbed the opportunity. The fact that I was able to sell a toy made the decision easier for me.

My friend gave me a great deal as well for the set that also included a Tony Stark Mark VI Taiwan Exclusive version (love the box design). Thank you Robert!
Taiwan Exclusive Tony Stark Mark VI
Package Contents:
Each box is sealed and contains one of 7 characters including Whiplash, Nick Fury, Black Widow, Tony Stark Mark IV, Iron Man Mark IV, Iron Man Mark VI and War Machine. If you opt to get 1 case then it contains all 7 characters plus the secret version, James Rhodes Mark II. For more information kindly check http://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target=categories&category_id=6 and look for the Iron Man 2 icon below.
Collector’s Perspective:

Toy collecting is addicting. You can never have enough unless your fund diminishes; otherwise you keep on buying and buying. Though I do not see the value of these to increase extensively someday, they are still worth to collect in my book. The good thing with mini cosbabies is that they are also for play and not just for display. I was also happy to acquire the Tony Stark Mark VI which was exclusively released last July at a Toy show in Taiwan.


PhoTOYgrapher’s Perspective:
There is only 1 word to describe these figures – CUTE! The cuteness level alone already makes these mini cosbabies worthy to be phoTOYgraphed. A Captain America statue was recently loaned to me for pictorial and when I saw the base I figured it could make an interesting diorama for the toys. Check out the pictures below…
Since they are small bringing them outdoors for a location shoot is hassle free. I will definitely bring them out the next time I plan a trip. I mostly did tabletop shots and digitally added backgrounds via Adobe’s Photoshop.

Some Issues:
1.) The quality of paint job done is not consistent or I am probably just nitpicking.
2.) Detachable weaponries for War Machine would be a welcome addition.
3.) They should have included Mark V.

For more pictures of IM2 Mini cosbabies kindly check my flickr site:

Gears used:
Canon DSLR
Canon 100mm f2.8 Lens
3 pcs. Jinbei 180 watts (each), Softbox, Grid and IR Trigger
Falcon Eyes Product Table
PF Captain America's Base

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Iron Man 2 Cosbabies Set, now you just have to back track and get Iron man Movie Series 1 Cosbabies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. may nakita ako sa ukay-ukay nasa case pa at walang gasgas, P150.00 daw>>>>>>>>>binili ko ng P100.00 :D mark IV sya.

    ReplyDelete