Saturday, August 28, 2010

Toy Story Cosbaby (M) by Hot Toys

During my Hong Kong trip about a month ago, I visited Hot Toys’ distributor Toy Hunters. My jaw dropped when I saaw the merchandise that they were offering. There were several 1/6th scales of Iron Man Mark VI, War Machine, Black Widow, Terminator, etc. On the other end of the shop a huge statue of Iron man and some busts were on display.
What caught my eye (aside from War Machine and Black Widows) were some of the items on their window display. They had a complete set of Toy Story Cosbaby with a backdrop. There were 8 mini Cosbaby and three 6 inch ones (Buzz, Woody & Alien) that are so cute. I did not bother to ask if they were selling those 6-inch versions and instead bought a couple of the minis.

When my friend Jon bought Buzz, Woody & Alien (6-inch/S versions), I asked if I could borrow them for a photo shoot. It was a mistake because if you think the mini versions are nice wait till you get your hands on the big ones.

Each Cosbaby come with its own themed box design – white and green for Buzz Lightyear, Cowboy themed for Woody and blue and green for Alien. What’s also nice is the inclusion of a themed backdrop of each character in their respective packaging.
Jon bought them locally for P 2,000.00 (Woody & Alien) and P 2,200.00 (Buzz Lightyear). If you check online there are some selling on eBay.

PhoTOYgrapher’s Perspective:
The fact that these guys are cute makes them photogenic! I would love to shoot them with a plain background and digitally add a Toy Story themed background to bring them to life.  You can also use their themed backdrop as a background.



Issue:
It would have been nice if Jessie and Bullseye were included in the lineup.


For more picture of Toy Story (M) kindly check my flickr site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/powerpee/sets/72157624535881283/with/4928886958/

No comments:

Post a Comment