Friday, September 10, 2010

The Flash by DC Direct

When Jon loaned me his 13" figures I was excited seeing The Flash for he was one of my favorite DC heroes (Superman remains top on my list). I used to watch cartoons of Flash in action and sometimes dreamt about being the fastest man alive.

The packing is nice and colorful and shows Flash in several running poses. It comes with an extra pair of hands and a cheap quality stand. This figure has long been sold out so your best are resellers or maybe eBay. If I am not mistaken, the price tag for this figure was almost $90.00.

I think the price tag is expensive for what you get. The quality of the figure is nowhere near as good as other 1/6th scale figures. Except for the costume, the whole body looks and feels cheap.

PhoTOYgrapher’s Perspective:
Here is where your graphic skills could come in handy. If you are using a Nikon camera then try using the multiple exposure feature and take several shots of Flash, moving the figure forward or sideward after each shot. You will be able to create the running effect without any manipulations.

On the other hand if you are using a Canon camera (like me) then all you can do is take one good picture and let Photoshop do the rest.
Some issues:
1.) The figure gets easily off balance so it's a little challenge to pose it.
2.) The face looks very cartoonish, something is wrong with his expression. I find that the line on his lip is too long compared to the rest of his face.
3.) The body looks and feels very cheap compared to what HT (Hottoys) makes.
4.) The replacement hands looks cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment