Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Warriors 3 by Bowen Designs

When Asgard is in great danger Odin summons its mightiest warriors – Fandral the Dashing, Hogun the Grim and Volstag the Voluminous. Together these 3 individuals form the Warriors 3 and aids the Mighty Thor in battles. I first noticed them when I read X-Men: Asgardian Wars (great job by Arthur Adams) more than 10 years ago and there were some scenes where the New Mutants came face to face with them and Volstag just kept on eating.

Following the releases of Bowen Designs (BD), I’ve been wondering for some time as to when these guys would have their own statues/bust and BD came through. My friend Kenneth who is a die hard Thor fan grabbed this opportunity to buy the Warriors 3 mini busts set when it was released. Ken’s the only person I know who collects nothing except Thor related collectibles and patiently waits for each Thor statue to be available. However my heart goes out to his Beta Ray Bill bust (boxed and stored) because wifey objects to how scary it looks on his display.

I was surprised to see how small the box of the Warriors 3 mini busts but BD made good with the details and paint job of each character.


PhoTOYgrapher’s Perspective:
When I saw these guys the thought of having a thunderous background suddenly came into my mind or maybe a fortress (Asgard maybe?) so I did some tabletop setup and came out with these pictures. These mini busts would be awesome standing next to the god of thunder had they been made full, but otherwise they are still masterpieces.
Lighting Setup:
I basically used one piece of 400w light fitted with an octabox and a white board across to lessen the shadows on Fandral. The black background is by Savage and already pre cut to fit with my Falcon Eyes table.

No comments:

Post a Comment