Tuesday, September 21, 2010

War Machine by Bowen Designs

When Jon informed me that Bowen came out with a War Machine statue I immediately checked online to see what it was. Ever since I saw WM from Iron Man Movie: 2 I began to appreciate him it even more than Iron Man. The cool gray/silver combination and extra ammos on his shoulders makes him a mean fighting machine.

It took him a few days to lend me his statue because of a minor defect – the slot of the Gatling gun is filled up with plastic. He informed the seller of the problem and they were able to fix it.

My high expectations of the War Machine statue were not met because of some issues, but mostly personal ones. The craftsmanship is excellent and the paint job was well taken care of. BD limited this production to about 1,500 pieces and the best thing is that this is an action pose. The package consisted of 4 pieces, War Machine, the base, shoulder cannon and a gatling gun.

The statue is available online for about $184.99 at http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BWD10212&mode=retail. Jon bought it for P11,000.00 at one of the local malls here in the Philippines.

PhoTOYgrapher’s Perspective:
Because of the color of War Machine I was able to apply my rim lighting style and it worked for me (see picture below). I am so used to seeing museum poses by BD (Bowen Designs), it was a refreshing change to do this fighting pose War Machine.

Rim lighting works pretty well for this statue because of the color combination of gray and silver. 
Some Issues:
1.) The armor looks more of a body suit than an armor. I guess this is a preference of taste and I do prefer a more armored version of War Machine. The body needs more details for me.
2.) The face is a bit long for my taste. 

4 comments:

  1. Nice picture and blokgi is a nice read and considered. I like it very much. Come take a look Teuvo images www.ttvehkalahti.blogspot.com blog and tell your friends should Teuvo pictures blog. Please leave a comment there. Have a nice autumn to you. Teuvo Vehkalahti Suomi Finland

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for checking it out ... will do =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos. I understand and kind of agree with you about the suit not looking amor-ish enough, but it does look like the Warmachine from the comics.... and for that reason, I think it looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete