Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Invincible Iron Man by Bowen Designs

Iron Man shot to fame when his official movie was released 2 years ago with Robert Downey Jr. pitching in as billionaire Tony Stark. Statue manufacturers cashed in on his popularity by releasing several versions of Iron Man with different armors (I lost count already).

When I recently started to try blogging I turned to Jon to loan me his statues for this purpose. I’ve already taken pictures of his collection but decided to give it another shot using a different style. He delivered to me both the Invincible and Stealth by Bowen Designs (special mention to the Kucharek Brothers for the great job).

Like with the stealth version the Invincible is already sold out and your chance to get it is the secondary market. Amazon is selling this for $148.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EVX5HO/ref=s9_simh_gw_p21_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=015HW68Y3B71N2990607&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846).

Same with what I mentioned in the other review, if you are an Iron Man fan then this is definitely a must have. If you go to Bowen’s site they release a lot of Iron Man statues (and busts) already so just imagine if you can own every Iron Man release they made and put in your display cabinet, wouldn’t that be cool?

The fact that the scaling of their statues is smaller compared to what Sideshow Collectibles is doing is favorable to collectors with limited display cabinets.
PhoTOYgrapher’s Perspective:
I decided to give this Iron Man a different treatment by incorporating a little bit of enhancement via Adobe Photoshop. If you check out my flickr stream around 99% of my toy shots are with plain backgrounds and I just play with the light. However my jaw dropped when I saw what my colleagues are doing so I decided to give it a shot. It’s far from their masterpieces but I am slowly getting there.
Issue:
1.) The blasting off pose is a bit stiff for me.

Lighting Setup:
Because of the limited time and space I decided to shoot this on my trusty Falcon Eyes product table with a savage background. The setup consisted of one 400 watts light fitted with a softbox on one side and an Octabox which acts as a reflector was on the other side.



No comments:

Post a Comment